0-day features borrows from the concept of 0-day vulnerabilities in the sense that both are cutting edge, but the analogy stops there. 0-day features refer to feature support for technology advances on the moment these advances are made available to the general public.
This approach ensures that our customers always get the most value from their investment.
As an example, on the technology front, recently we added support for HTML5 features that allowed us to offer an offline mode for Cube web and, in response to our customer's requests, we changed the layout and extended the support for tags everywhere.
Today's announcement comprises 0-day features and also new features based on your feedback.
|Income total and Gross profit|
We've added Income support!
You can now define an hourly income for a project, let's say that for a given project you are payed 55 €/$/£/¥ per hour, now you can configure that hourly income rate and Cube will show you the gross profit on that project (if you have also an hourly rate for your labour).
If you bill your projects with a fixed price then there is also support for that! Just add a Fixed Income i.e 2000 € for completing Milestone 1.
|Add Hourly income or Fixed income|
Do you often go visit clients?
|Configure mileage units and rate|
|Add a trip|
|Keep track of trips|
Configurable Tax Rates. This is one of the most requested features. Now you can configure Tax Rates when adding expenses and keep track of the pre-tax amount as well as the total amount of the expense.
|Configure Tax Rates|
More Client details - fill in phone numbers, fiscal number, addresses and other useful info about your clients.
Cube iPhone/iPad and 0-day features
Cube iPhone/iPad gets the same features that Cube Web has, and then some!
On September 15 Apple announced an exiting new feature for iOS 4.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: AirPrint.
"AirPrint is Apple’s powerful new printing architecture that matches the simplicity of iOS—no set up, no configuration, no printer drivers and no software to download,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users can simply tap to print their documents or photos wirelessly to an HP ePrint printer or to a printer shared on a Mac or PC."
On the eve of the general availability of the iOS 4.2 upgrade, Cube for iOS is available on the App Store with AirPrint support so you can wireless print our new PDF reports!
Now you can extract beautiful PDF reports per Client, Project or Task. You can choose what to include: include only expenses, time or just choose to export everything! After generating the report you can print it using AirPrint or send it directly to the Client or to your accountant or HR department.
Another requested feature for Cube iOS was the ability to configure workdays. If you work a 6-day week, only work on weekends or have other workday schedule, you can now configure it in Cube iOS.
Below is the full changelog for Cube for iOS 1.0.10.
- Track project total income and gross profit; you can also define the hourly income to automatically calculate earnings for a project.
- Export to PDF! Now you can export your data also to PDF.
- Wireless printing of reports, using AirPrint. (iOS 4.2 only)
- New Reporting options - Export a individual Task, Project or Client's data.
- Configurable Tax Rates - You can setup and use tax rates when reporting expenses.
- New Mileage - Record your kilometers or miles with configurable Mileage Rate!
- Configurable workdays - if you work a 6-day week, only work on weekends or have other workday schedule, you can now configure it in Cube.
- New fields: you can now add Tax Number, Email, Phone, Fax and Address to a Client, and Notes to Projects and Tasks.
- Tags everywhere: you can Tag Time, Expenses or Events. i.e to mark an Expense as "Personal"
- Several other fixes and enhancements.
We hope you like these enhancements and features. We are already working on the next version!